Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Congrats" - CDD daily post

Hello there!! Today is my turn to post on the Craftin Desert Divas' BLOG and I have a special card to share with you.  I have a friend who recently adopted a daughter from Eastern Europe and I wanted to send her a small gift and I created this card to go with the gift.  



I created my background first using 4 different distress inks.  After I blended them I spritzed with water, dabbed with a paper towel and then dried with my heat tool.  Then I die cut my paper with one of the "Fancy Frame Dies".   Next I cut out the balloon for the shaker portion of my card using the "Party Dies".  Finally I cut out the grass using the "Outdoor Landscape Dies".  I also cut the bottom of the grass with the same frame I used for my background rectangle so that it would have the same stitched line along the bottom.  After I got this put together I then assembled my shaker layer using the "Heartbraker Sequins".  


Finally, I cut the cute little giraffe out using the "So Long SVG" file and my Silhouette.  Then I stamped her with the "So Long" mini stamp set and colored her in with alcohol markers.  Finally I scattered a few miscellaneous CDD sequins on the front of my card.  I decided to just hand draw my balloon string and ribbon.  Thanks for stopping by today!!  


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment