Tuesday, May 30, 2017

#birthday wishes - MSC dt

Happy Tuesday my crafty friends!!  I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend and perhaps even got some crafty time in!!  My hubby's birthday was yesterday and I wanted to share with you the card I made for him -


I used My Scrap Chick's "Hashtag Birthday Wishes" file and created a shaped card with it.  I used my Silhouette software and created a large offset of the base layer from the cut file (the gray part of the card).  I cut the offset out twice from some heavy cardstock (110 pound).  Because the offset was long I couldn't weld and make a base for my card in one cut so instead I scored the bottom layer of the card with my Scor Pal at about 1 inch in from the left and used some Scor Tape to adhere the two layers together thus creating my card base.  The photo below shows this more clearly -


I used some bright colored papers to make the card fun and added some balloons which I cut out from My Scrap Chick's "Snowball's Havin' A Ball" file.  I decided to use twine for the string on my balloons and finished up the card with some bright enamel dots and pen stitching using my white gel pen.  




Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope I have inspired you with an idea for the next time you need a birthday card and especially one for a masculine recipient ;)  Hugs!!

3 comments: